Given the elevated situation, you may be forgiven for wondering how you get to the beach and the water sports club. Two funicular lifts carry you down the Cliffside, a ride providing you with a lovely vista. With lifts in the main building itself, moving around the whole bay presents few challenges even for those with mobility difficulties.
There are five sandy beaches at D-Hotel Maris, created using fine white sand imported from Egypt. Bay Beach is reached by a short funicular ride from the hotel. The others are located across the bay, with regular access via the hotel's own shuttle boat or golf carts.
- The glorious beaches have been created with white sand imported specially from Egypt
- Bay beach is the largest and has been awarded the prestigious Blue Flag rating for cleanliness; there is a DJ performance in the afternoon and a la carte lunch and a buffet dinner are served
- If you prefer your beaches quiet and undisturbed, there is a Quiet Beach, where music, mobiles and other noisy paraphernalia are not allowed- only children 12 years and older are allowed
- Breeze beach is located next to the Aegean restaurant
- The Executive beach features six stylish cabanas (local charges apply for hire) and is for Executive Club Lounge guests only
- Coliseum beach, at the tip of the peninsula, benefits from both the calmer sea and the windier side
- There is a superb outdoor pool, featuring Balinese-style sunbeds part-submerged on their own water-soaked terrace
As well as the beaches, the hotel has an indoor pool, a vitality pool and an outdoor pool.
There are first class sailing conditions for beginners and experienced sailors, with light winds in the bay and stronger winds beyond, especially in the spring and autumn. You can hire a variety of vessels and equipment, provided you can present recognised surfing or cat certificates, or equivalent proof of qualifications with practical experience. Tuition is available for beginners (local charges apply).
Get the best from the bay with a wealth of water sports. Internationally certified courses are available � local charges apply for most of these:
- Water skiing
- Catamaran sailing
Rent one of our motor yachts to explore the magnificent islands nearby. We also have Sunseeker Portofino 48 and Azimut 55 yachts and a custom-made 100 ft luxury gulet available for charter and day tours.
Learn with qualified instructors or simply play on one of three courts
- D-Hotel Maris has a well-equipped fitness centre, including a 1k running track
- Personal training programmes are available � local charges apply
Exploring the region
D-Hotel is the perfect base for exploring the delights of the Loryma Peninsula, an area replete with colourful tradition. At Orhaniye, for example, you can walk on water, crossing the bay via the submerged spit of sand known as the Maiden's Sand. According to legend, the phenomenon was created by a maiden who attempted to block the entrance to the bay, in a bid to prevent marauding pirates from attacking the village. Sadly, she was unable to finish the job and drowned herself to avoid capture.
You can take boat trips from Bozburun to the islands sprinkled across the sea beyond the bay, and D-Hotel also has its own private boats for hire: Sunseeker Portofino 48 and Azimut 55 yachts, and a custom-made 100 ft luxury gulet. You can have a day trip around the coast and islands, or arrange for an overnight stay on board - the perfect way to add another magical dimension to your holiday.
If you need to shop, the town of Marmaris is only 40 minutes away, while further down the coast lies Knidos and the remains of the ancient Hellenistic city. This is also the site of the Temple of Aphrodite.
The Datca peninsula itself has delightful beaches, gloriously exotic fauna and graciously soaring mountains. The town of Old Dat�a has lovely old stone houses, and the windmills of Datca have become a symbol for the area.